The skin has unique characteristics because in addition to suffering isolated, distressing, unpleasant and even painful problems, in many cases it externalises internal diseases such as an increasingly wide range of autoimmune diseases and a wide range of genetic diseases that can be diagnosed by looking at the skin鈥檚 appearance.
A dermatologist is the specialist who detects, analyses, diagnoses and treats these injuries. The Clinical Dermatology Unit is the basic and general unit dedicated to the prevention, early diagnosis and correct treatment of diseases or injuries of the skin, mucous membranes and hair.
General areas of consultation:
▪ All diseases, hair, nails and dermal papillae and related external conditions, both on an outpatient and inpatient basis.
▪ Treatment and prevention of the above.
▪ Medical and surgical dermocosmetics.
▪ Eczemas and Occupational Dermatosis.
▪ Cutaneous Oncology.
▪ ▪ Melanomas. Pigmented tumours.
▪ ▪ Lymphomas.
▪ Paediatric Dermatology.
▪ Autoimmune diseases.
▪ Treatment room.